Planning a party? Here are a few reeeeeeaaaaaaly good cocktails that will make you the most talked about (in a good way) host or hostess this summer!
12 cups of cubed watermelon, separated
1 bottle of dry white wine
1 cup vodka
1/2 cup triple sec
1/2 cup simple syrup
1 medium lime, quartered
1 orange cut into wedges
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Place 9 cups of watermelon into a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Strain the juice through a mesh strainer into a large pitcher or punch bowl.
3. Add the wine, vodka, triple sec, and simple syrup. Stir to combine.
4. Add the 3 remaining cups of watermelon, lime quarters, orange sections, and blueberries.
5. Chill for 4 hours before serving.
Salt, for rimming the glasses
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, rinds reserved
1-1/2 cups light Mexican beer
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons hot sauce
1 teaspoon soy sauce
Freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
1. Place enough salt in a shallow, wide dish to cover the bottom. Rub the rims of the glasses with the reserved lime rinds and dip them into the salt. Fill glasses with ice and set aside.
2. In a pitcher, combine the lime juice, beer, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and soy sauce.
3. Mix to combine.
4. Pour into glasses, garnish with black pepper and serve.
1/2 cup gin
2 teaspoons simple syrup
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1-1/4 cups brut champagne, chilled
garnish of your choice
1. Chill the cocktail shaker and glasses in the freezer.
2. Add ice to the shaker.
3. Pour gin, simple syrup, and lemon juice into the shaker; shake well.
4. Fill chilled glasses halfway with ice and strain cocktail into the glass
5. Top with champagne and add a garnish of your choice. (I always use a maraschino cherry!)
These are just a few of my favorites...Check out Epicurious's Top Summer Cocktails for more ideas!